By Stewart Gandolf
Chief Executive Officer
Send a picture or two of your medical office or healthcare practice sign. We’ll evaluate the top contenders, and the best sign will win a free seat at a Healthcare Success Advanced Healthcare Marketing Strategies seminar in 2013. Read through this article first, and then email your picture or pictures to: editor(at)healthcaresuccess.com.
We’re a little passionate about good exterior signage, because it can be your single most effective marketing tool. When it’s done right, it will usually produce the highest Return-on-Investment. Here are some of the characteristics of a good external sign…and some of the things we’ll be looking for in selecting a winner.
- Highly visible to traffic. Visibility includes (a) having a prominent location for vehicle and pedestrian traffic, and (b) being legible and easily readable.
- Properly illuminated. Signs need lighting to stand out after sundown, or even during cloudy/dark daytime hours. Signs can be lit internally (usually preferred) or via external lights.
- A visual element. Signs that properly mix text and graphic (such as a logo) are usually quicker for passing traffic to notice and are more memorable.
- Phone number. It is often preferable for an external office sign to include a phone number.
- Digital reader board signs. Signs that change tend to attract more attention than static signs. Digital signs are preferable (over individual letter boards), and can have a changing message and/or time and temperature.
- Clever or unique signage vs. traditional signs. Signs that break with the “standard” or “ordinary” are usually effective attention-getters. Signs that are unique in placement or execution will get our attention too.
Simply send us a photo and description of your healthcare practice or facility sign(s). If you’d like to tell us how the signs are working for you (ROI), or include before-and-after images, that’s all the better (but not required). We’re mainly looking for external signs, but if you have an exceptional internal sign or signs—your reception area, perhaps—send it along.
We’re looking for good examples of good healthcare signs. And click through to this article for more about Strategies for Maximum Effective Office Signs.
Good luck, and remember, the winning submission will receive one free seat to attend a 2013 Healthcare Success Advanced Marketing seminar (a $1,295 value). Shoot that picture and send a description to us today: editor(at)healthcaresuccess.com.